Spit 1500 cylinder heads

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Spit 1500 cylinder heads
From: mit-eddie!gatech!drabik@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Timothy J. Drabik)
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 90 14:44:30 EDT
I was talking with Ted Shoemaker (T&S Imports, Pandora, OH)
about beefing up my engine, and he said that flat-top pistons
in my 7.5:1 engine would not raise it to 9:1 because it is
fitted with a low-compression cylinder head?  Can anyone
confirm or deny this?  For 1496cc displacement, a 7.5:1
engine would have a combustion chamber volume of 57.6cc
vs. 46.8cc for 9:1.  This is a difference of 10.8cc, which
seems like a suitable amount to be provided by dishing
the pistons.

Whaddya say?

                Tim Drabik