Radiator /Fans

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Radiator /Fans
From: LuxuryTS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 23:35:43 EDT
I'm running late on this project but have completed the install of the new
radiator and both fans.  I would suggest to anyone wanting to follow in this
direction that you make sure to mount the engine side fan high enough to miss
the power steering gear box.  I did not and had to dismantle then reattach
(about a half hour wasted).  Second,  order a 14" fan for the front side of
the A/C condenser instead of a 16".  I made some adjustments to make mine
work but the 14" would have fit a lot better.

The wiring from start to finish took around two hours.  It was not difficult
at all.  Just follow the directions that come with the fans and wiring kit.
The fans work great as far as post wiring testing but my 170 degree auto.
temp. switch was defective.  It would not come on until about 220 degrees ( I
tested this in a pot of boiling water with my continuity tester and a
thermometer) so I had to send it back.  I ordered another, UPS blue and it
should be here Fri.  Until then I can test drive the vehicle.

I wrote earlier that if the relay in this wiring set up ever failed,  you
could undue the supply wire, jump it, and tape it until you arrive at a place
to buy another.  This is true BUT, we can just install an on/off switch under
the hood (next to the relay) that is already jumped and all we have to do is
flip the switch to turn on the fans until a new relay or temp. switch is
purchased.......much easier.

Stay tuned,
Greg
Flagstaff, AZ