Hydraulic Door Woes

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hydraulic Door Woes
From: "Nyla Melcher Bright" <nyla@bright.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 18:16:20 -0400
Well, it is 9 am on a Saturday so it must mean it's time for something to
break.

Darrin went to the garage to take the Bricklin out for some much needed
work... the door opened halfway and went no further. <sigh>

Long story short, 3 hours later we got the door back down, the little
hydraulic motor out, and Darrin in the bath tub to get off the hydraulic
fluid he managed to pour down his pants in the process (don't ask).  We
continue to be utterly amazed that Dennis Bright (Darrin's father) worked on
this car.  That man is very very tall and (before he gave the car to us) was
quite wide.  Ouch.

Which brings me to the point.  We were planning on doing the air door
conversion after we finished a few other repairs we thought were more
pressing (vapor leak, water getting in behind the firewall, ect.).  But, I
hate to replace a motor we aren't going to be using a year from now. So...
does anyone remember off hand which issue(s) of the Brickline has the
discussion of the air door conversion?  Any tips or advice to add?

If we decide to wait it out a little longer, does anyone know the part
number for the pump? (Is it a motor or a pump?  Darrin can't decide.)

Nyla Melcher Bright #1429