Re: Bricklin cooling

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bricklin cooling
From: Isensee@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 13:34:46 EDT
I taped some strips of paper to my Bricklin to observe the air flow. With the
cowl gasket removed, air flows out from under the hood at the base of the
windshield up to about 35 MPH. After that, air starts to flow in. The air
flow into the engine compartment seems to be very strong by 60 MPH. Air flow
across the hood and the upper half of the windshield is to the rear of the
car regardless of speed.

So, does it help to remove the gasket? The air flow pattern indicates it
should help cooling at low speed and hurt at high speed. Since most Bricklin
owners report their worst temperature problems to be at low speed, it seems
like a good idea to remove the gasket.

Scott Isensee