GLUE,FIBERGLASS,COMPRESSORS

To: "Bricklin" <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: GLUE,FIBERGLASS,COMPRESSORS
From: "George J. Malaska" <bricklingeorge@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 23:35:48 -0500
  I used the same urethane glue to bond my panels that they use to mount the
windshields. It is strong (ever try to pull one out) and flexible and does
not get hard. I get mine from the local NAPA store.
  The "alligator skin" that you see on the underside of the floor panels is
just the glass fibers sticking out. According to Terry Tanner, they did not
apply a gel coat to the 'glass. Don't know why but it was just resin and
fiberglass. If you want to do anything to it, I would apply a coat of resin
over the panel. On mine I am going to try a coat of POR 15 clear and see how
it comes out.
  As far as which compressor to use, I have always used the Thomas
405ADC38/12. It is rated at 100# max. but I had a regulator set at 115# and
it never had a problem getting to that pressure. It is a continuous pressure
compressor(it can run for long periods) where the other suggested units
(215ADC38/12 and 315CDC56/12) are intermittent duty compressors. They can
run for 5 minutes and then must be off for 20. Granted, if you have a no
leak system the intermittent units should be OK but I have had nothing but
good luck with the 405 unit.
  George.

George J. Malaska, VIN#768,#1548.
Membership Director, Bricklin International
Elkhart, IN. 219-875-1270
bricklingeorge@msn.com.