Fw: Has anyone produced a new muffler design

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Has anyone produced a new muffler design
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 18:45:21 -0400

>Are there any additional designs for mufflers and exhaust pipe
runs?
=========
The underside of the car's layout is such that you'd be very limited
in a different layout without compromising ground clearance. Headers
help some, but a cam / carb / intake  upgrade is necessary to garner
the max gains available.
=========
  Is
>there a high performace muffler to fit a Bricklin Stock?

=========
I haven't actually measured it, but it sure looks like the '70-1/2
Z28 or SS350 muffler would be an adaptable fit.
=========
  Is it necessary?
=========
No.
=========
>I am not thrilled with the way the exhaust pipes come out the rear
at that
>odd angle.  I would much prefer them to come straight back.
=========
The tips are added on. They can be changed to some that go to the
rear.
=========
 What do people
>have experience with?  ARe most of you using stock?
=========
Mine is.
=========

>Second question.  Was there a thread earlier about replacing the
rear LEAF
>springs (to avoid the Jerry Springer Bricklin show round #2)  One
side of my
>car appears to be sagging.  Was the general concensus to have them
built for
>me, or to have my rebuilt, or are they available somewhere.  I do
not intend
>on working on the leaf springs drunk, with any artillery, or with
the car
>suspended above me precariously, so the information should come
without
>concern for my health =)
=========
My kind of guy. Lives life in the fast lane! :^)) I have conflicting
info. I have part #'s that look like AMC's, but others have stated
that they're Bricklin specific. Here's a snip from a previous
thread:

"The 74 that I have still
>had the part number paper on the spring itself.  The number is
>DA3222504, apparently an AMC number.  In the Sept 1988 issue of
>Brickline, on page 13, a person named Glenn Brueckman wrote a very
brief
>snippet on the 74s and the front springs.  He doesn't distinguish
>between the trannies but does say that the original 74 springs had
an
>excessive rate of travel that promoted float and bottoming.  He
>recommends a switch to 3222506 springs."

and:

  "When I spoke with Hoffman
>(this was before I had the part number or much info) he did not
mention
>the transmission difference, he recommended replacement, and he
said
>that the springs to use were not an AMC part but were made
specifically
>for Bricklins."

I think any competent spring shop can fix you up.
========

>Thirdly.  I have noticed a massive (well not really massive) number
of
>people selling their bricklins.  Is this normal?  I have not been
on the
>list too long, but I don't ever rememeber people selling this
often.  Is it
>a winter thing?  am I imagining it (most likely)
========
The one's I'm familiar with are distress sales. Life sometimes suck,
and the toys are the first to go.
========

>#466 - Scott  <---------(I have come to the conclusion that my car
owns me)
========
Welcome to the club of material delights.
GM