Re: Stamps !

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stamps !
From: Ron Auger <ron.auger@isc-br.isc-br.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 97 10:18 EDT
At 04:06 PM 6/8/97 -0500, you wrote:
>John T. Blair wrote:
>>
>> At 06:28 PM 6/7/97 PDT, you wrote:
>> >Just curious if anyone has ever saw a Bricklin postage stamp ?
>> >My girlfriend just walked in the door and gave me a full sheet of them.
>> >Wouldn't tell me where she got them or how much she paid, just said
>> >it was at some collector place ?
>> >

>> That great!  Your the 1st person I've heard that has them.  I've an ad
>> for them on the Net
>>
>> Some time ago, David Cairnes posted info on a WEB page:
>>
>>    "Just to let everyone know there is a Canadian Stamp dedicated
>>     to the Bricklin.. You can get more information at..
>>
>>     http://www.mailposte.ca/english/whatsnew/archives/bricklin.html
>>
>>              :
>>              :
>>
>>   You can call the National Canadian Post Philatelic Center at
>> 1-800-565-4362 for more information about the stamp or to order it.
>>

>Well I emailed them and they sent me some info on getting them.. BUT
>when I got the info there was nothing on the bricklin stamp..
>--

The Bricklin stamp is only available as a single stamp in a set of 25
Canadian-built vehicles. They also have 'maximum cards' (bigger than post
cards) that have a larger picture of the Brick on one side with a small
write-up and the canceled stamp preprinted on the address side. Again, these
are only available in a set of 25 vehicles and you only get one card of the
Bricklin. The set of vehicle maximum cards are US$14.42 (Can$19.95)

        Canada Post
        75 St. Minian St
        Antigonish, Nova Scotia   B2G2R8

                                             Ron Auger
(snail-mail) Olivetti North America          Staff Software Engineer
             185 Plains Road Ste 302W        203-882-4373 (desk)
             Milford, CT  06460              203-783-1520 (fax)
(E-mail) ron.auger@mail.spk.olivetti.com     800-759-8888 (bpr) pin#1153000
(C-mail) Ron Auger CMLA
(V-mail) 800-338-0775                        "Eschew  Obfuscation"