Re: Timer malfunctions at Nov. 9 event

To: Phil Esra <pesra@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Timer malfunctions at Nov. 9 event
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 11:31:21 -0800
On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 10:39:51AM -0800, Phil Esra wrote:
> Seriously though, I was working in the trailer for 3/4 and there *was*
> an instance or two of weird timer behavior.

I was running the timer for group 3/4.  We had one car that failed to
trigger the finish, and one car that failed to trigger the start.  We
didn't see any delayed triggers.

>From my perspective, I heard the trailer announcing that the finish
hadn't triggered for Pete.  Rich, could it be that the "delayed
display/delayed time" was a manually triggered finish after the T&S
crew realized that Pete's car hadn't tripped the lights?

The group 1/2 scorer can jump in any time...did you see a finish
register a few seconds after Pete went through the lights, or did you
have to hit the stop button to get the timer back in sequence?

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94