Re: Timer malfunctions at Nov. 9 event

To: lollipop487@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Timer malfunctions at Nov. 9 event
From: "Richard Urschel" <osp13@mybluelight.com>
Date: 10 Nov 2003 17:21:41 -0000
Pat,
T&S was well aware of the problem and was granting reruns for the obvious
errors. Pete took three runs in a row at the end of the group before a
"reasonable" time was displayed. The question I am raising is this:
If the timer is experiencing obvious delays ranging from 4-11 seconds, how do
we know it is not also experiencing shorter delays which are not obvious?

The problem here is not just that the display was slow to update, but that the
displayed time included the time of the delay. Pete was getting delayed
displays of 51-58 seconds even though his runs were in the 47-48 second range.

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 08:45:55 -0800 Pat Kelly <lollipop487@comcast.net> wrote:
>     Who did they ask? Each other? That doesn't help solve the problem. If
> they asked the event chairs, or the crew in T&S, a solution might have been
> achieved.
>     We did finally post all the scores (actually Chok and I) for all the
> groups during the day. I know of only one change that was made. The timing
> slip was wrong, the score card had the correct time.
>     It is very important to the drivers (and to me) that the scores be
> correct.
> --Pat Kelly

Sign up for Internet Service under $10 dollars a month, at
http://isp.BlueLight.com