Timer malfunctions at Nov. 9 event

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Timer malfunctions at Nov. 9 event
From: "Richard Urschel" <osp13@mybluelight.com>
Date: 10 Nov 2003 15:07:35 -0000
As I was handing out timing slips for the combined groups 1 and 2 yesterday I
noticed several odd things about the timer/display. On occassion it would
appear to flash one number and then immediately change to another. Also, the
amount of time between a car tripping the lights and the display updating would
vary significantly. The worst example was Peter Mottaz waiting for a timing
slip when the display finally updated with a time some 11 seconds slower than
the times he was running. There was no car following Pete on course.

Although this happened repeatedly with the Mitsu Pete was driving, there were
other drivers questioning their times as well.

Sign up for Internet Service under $10 dollars a month, at
http://isp.BlueLight.com