Re: Lotus

To: "Bay_Area_Autocross_List" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lotus
From: "Jerry Mouton" <jerry@moutons.org>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 10:35:17 -0700
Interesting in this test that the R&T editors actually toted
up more for the 911 Turbo.  It was Brian Herta who
uprated the Ferrari a lot -- high marks on Balance,
Throttle Response, and Gearbox.  The Elise won in
objective performance, but the Modena was second
and close to it.

True that if you set up a set of criteria or sabotage cars
you can get the results you want.  But I think Road & Track
does not do that, except to let editors' subjective judgements
count somewhat.  But if you read the details you have
information to make your own mind up.  I always enjoy their
comparison tests, and find them valuable.

Jerry

Jerry Mouton                              "Laissez les bons temps rouler!"