Re: Lotus

To: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>,
Subject: Re: Lotus
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 11:38:53 -0400

Message text written by "John J. Stimson-III"

"The Esprit certainly is not.  However, the Elise and its variants sold
by Lotus can only be registered for the street by dodging around the
laws.  I guess that is what Scot probably meant. "

I think you're correct. But a "gray market" I'm more familar with concerns
cameras purchased overseas and for which the manufacturer will not honor
any warranties.

In the Elise's case, the sale is direct from the manufacturer. Their web
page is pretty specific that you can't drive it on the street.
Oh, BTW, did you see the June issue of Road & Track which ranks the Elise
second only to a Ferrari as a good handling car?

--John Kelly