RE: Time Trial at Thunderhill

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net, "Navid Kahangi" <navid@interwoven.com>
Subject: RE: Time Trial at Thunderhill
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 16:48:29 -0500

Message text written by "Navid Kahangi"

"
Well, the cost is $100.  Let me see, you'll get at least 30 laps of track
time.  Let's just say that these laps are lightning fast and about 2
minutes
each for the sake of argument here.  That would be 60 minutes of track time
for the price of 4 autocrosses (grand total of 10 minutes).  I would say
that's a bargain in comparison.

Oh yeah, that would be 60 minutes of track time on smooth, grippy surface.
That's worth double for me.

I love autocrossing for different reasons than I do road racing, but it's
price/time ratio would definitely not be one of those reasons.

--Navid"

Unfortunately in your enthusiasm you've neglected to include ALL the costs
of road racing. Most noticeably missing is the maintenance costs on your
car. Even BMWs wear out parts. In what little I know about BMW parts, they
are VERY expensive. Having the same installed will cost you money and/or
time.
And like all forms of automotive competition,
Speed costs Money.
How fast do you want to go?

--John Kelly