Re: Jr. Karts / Reg

To: Smokerbros@aol.com, mph_16@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Jr. Karts / Reg
From: Barry Spencer <BSpencer@tsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 23:03:42 -0700
At 01:13 AM 6/14/2001 -0400, Smokerbros@aol.com wrote:
>Barry Spencer writes:
>

>>   Yes, If that was a work assignment, which I think it should be on the
>>sign up work sheet for the AM and PM. If the AAS can have reg open all day
>>with 100 in attendance. I would think SCCA with 200 plus could find 2-3
>>people to work reg in the afternoons. Maybe you can have an extra person
>>working grid in the PM, so if reg is needed that extra person can help.
>>That would work at GGF as the two are very close together.
>

> >egistration is not a regular work assignment.  It's a group of people who
> >rganize themselves, led by Ellen Rosenbluth.  In recent years, there has
> >een some trouble getting a reg. crew.  I'm guessing you're not volunteering
> > work registration from 1-2 PM at EVERY SFR event, right?
>
>To ALL:
I'm going to bring up a sore subject, and I'm not blaming anybody. I thank
all the SFRSCCA people that work very hard at each event. I would run the
SFRSCCA events if we had a good surface at the sites. I fully understand
the problem we all have finding sites in the Bay Area. I think Mod cars
suffer more with the surfaces like the GGF. Also, when going to a SFR
event, you feel like a rookie. You may know half a dozen people. It's not
like the old days at Pleasanton. So were did every one go? did they all
move? are they driving to Mather?. Can we hold SFR events at Mather?. More
than just the divisionals. I would love to drive twenty miles to an
event,but I would rather drive to Mather  knowing the surface is something
consistent so you can do some accurate testing. For the driver's  competing
at the National that is what we really need. When we invest the time and
money into this sport it's not just for fun. It's to make the driver/car a
better package.

Barry Spencer
2000 EM National Champion