Re: Subject: Re: shop manuals

Subject: Re: Subject: Re: shop manuals
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:56:07 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Rick Cone wrote:
> I don't think so IMHO... If we go the $2K porsche example... If it is
> something that the shop manual could resolve, say, gear ratio's...  I am a
> lot less likely to protest if I know I might get stuck with having to buy a
> Porsche Manual if I am wrong.
>
> My position is this... if we do anything that  *might* deter someone from
> filling a protest in a competitor policed sport, then thats wrong.

So we should eliminate protest bonds altogether?

Or set a common "engine teardown" bond that ignores that shop rate on a
Ferrarri is a bit higher than shop rate on a Celica?

Bull.  You wanna protest, put your money where your mouth is or shut the
hell up and drive faster.

And in the $2k porsche example, the entire point of all this is that
rather than paying $2k to get the information, you pay shop rate for the
dealer to look it up.  The _PC_ sets the bond amount, not the competitor,
so you won't have people financing FSM's when they get protested.

Mark