Re: Turbo Cars in SP

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Turbo Cars in SP
From: "Alan Pozner" <apozner@ptd.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 08:00:50 -0500
Here's my shot at a rule set for SP forced induction cars. Basically my
concept is that forced induction cars are NOT allowed the engine and
manifold mods in SP that NA cars are allowed except that computers are free.
While this may make for extra HP in forced induction cars the rule is
enforceable without the need for special equipment like boost measuring
devices or computer ROM/RAM analysis tools. Then if a FI car is too dominant
in a class it can be moved.

I would change 14.1 D to eliminate the sentence about direct boost control
and a a sentence that states that ECUs for forced induction cars are totally
free.

I would change 14.10 C to add that this rule about intake maifolds does not
apply to forced induction cars (they must run stock) I would also 14.10 G
(fuel lines and pumps) for FI cars. I would require stock exhaust manifolds
on FI cars (including cats that are part of the manifold)

What these changes would do is essentially what the restrictor plate rule
does for NASCAR. They can fiddle all they want with the stuff in the middle
but we have limited the engines ability to use all that extra boost by
limiting input and output. HP gains will still be significant but not
uncontrollable.