Re: Late to grid

To: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>,
Subject: Re: Late to grid
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 16:06:06 -0500
FWIW, while killing time on Friday I tried to listen on my tow van's radio
to 89.1. It wasn't there. Doing a little dial surfing I found the north
course on 87.7, but an hour later it was not there either, and nowhere else
as well. Not talking just in the paddock (where I could hear it clearly
earlier in the week), but right at the course edge while watching CP on
Friday, and then in the grid area maybe 100 feet from the announce van after
I drove up there to hear the announcer when I could not get it on the radio.

The radio broadcasts of the announcers is great, but not dependable enough
to build a rule off of (never mind that not everyone has FM radios to listen
to).

--Rocky Entriken