RE: Late to grid

To: Alan Pozner <AlanP@identicard.com>,
Subject: RE: Late to grid
From: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 16:09:31 -0400
--On Tuesday, September 17, 2002 3:52 PM -0400 Alan Pozner
<AlanP@identicard.com> wrote:
> This really is a problem of enforcement not concept. Let's say that I ran
> 3rd heat. Give me the time of day that I would need to report to South
> course on Thursday to avoid being late. Ya can't, can ya? Why, because
> until 3rd heat runs I cannot possibly know when 30 minutes prior to that
> time is.

Alan, what would be better?  If we said "before the third runs of the
previous heat", we have the same problem.  How do you know when the third
runs will start?  This is just as hard to predict as 30 minutes before
the start of the heat.

Nobody can predict the future.  But we can all figure that if they're
into the second runs of the previous heat, you'd better get on up there.
Leave yourself plenty of margin and you won't have any trouble.

Once again, I'm having trouble understanding the resistance.

Mark