Kyung An (Wootton)?

To: ".Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Kyung An (Wootton)?
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 15:56:14 -0500
I have a question maybe some netters of Texas persuasion might know.

Is Kyung An Wootton an American citizen?

Kyung won her third Nationals this year, CSL this time -- three times and
undefeated! WOW! I was wondering if Taka Aono, who won FSP, was the first
foreign-born (other than Canadian) to win. I asked Kyung who said she was
born in Korea, but came to the US as an infant. I never thought to ask her
about citizenship.

So Kyung is -- I think -- the first foreign-born (Canadians don't count, eh?
They/we are all North American :-). But Taka might be the first foreign
national to win. That's the point of the query. Trying to get my facts
straight.

--Rocky Entriken

PS - if anyone remembers any Brits/Mexicans/Australians/whatever who won in
the past, remind me!