Re: Late to grid

To: Alan Pozner <apozner@ptd.net>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Late to grid
From: Sean Minehart <mr_two_2001@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 19:07:20 -0700 (PDT)
--- Alan Pozner <apozner@ptd.net> wrote:
> The late to grid rule is inherently unenforceable.
> The concept of the 30 minutes deadline is a good one
> as it allows grid
> workers to check cars before they run and avoids
> potential delays in the
> start of each heat. I also applaud the fact that
> violaters only received
> warnings. But the rule is flawed and needs to be
> rewritten.

The performance advantage side to this rule is
ludicrous.  It should be a 5 minute rule.  It is not
fair to the first driver or a one driver car to have
cold tires on his first run if the second driver can.
If we're going to have an enforced rule, maybe we
should have the cars 'check-in' approximately 30
minutes before the heat and then they could be given a
definitive time of when to be in grid, somewhere
around 5-10 minutes before the heat begins.  That way,
at the given time, a grid worker can go down grid and
check off who had made it to grid on time or not.

Sean Minehart
Team Underdog Racing
check out our updated site:   http://www.teamunderdog.com/
Yahoo! News - Today's headlines