Re: OT: What is that with wings?

To: Jamie Sculerati <pullg@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: OT: What is that with wings?
From: John Lieberman <jlieberman@sport.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 21:01:41 -0500
Just to put a final lid on this - as Jamie has so aptly pointed out -
the KC-10 is not assigned to the 190th ARW.  I DO remember the aircraft
damned if I can remember what it was.  It could have very well been a
KC-10 - given the circumstances of 9/11.  The KC-10 can carry just as
much cargo and/or passengers as it can fuel.

As for this year, the bulk of the air traffic during the week was the
KC-135s assigned to the 190th ARW.  However, there were also a few
C-130s (though I have no idea whether they were configured as tankers) -
a couple of 707-based transport aircraft, and a whole raft of smaller
jets - usually used for transporting high-ranking officers from one
point to another.  A KC-135 did make a great fly-by during Tuesday
morning's rendition of the National Anthem performed by Doug Gill on his
sax.  Whether that was planned or not, I don't know - but it rather
looked like it was.

Hope everybody had a great time in Topekee!  I know I did, even though I
spent the whole week battling a cold!!!  That's why I didn't try to do
anything at the Thursday night talent show.  8<{)

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman