Re: OT: What is that with wings?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OT: What is that with wings?
From: "James A. Crider" <autojim@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 05:43:00 -0400
Ed asked:

>Not quite.....don't they have a few KC-10's there too?  I thought that was
>what was they were loading up just south of the paddock arealast year after
>we were allowed back into the site.

The big honker over by the civil air terminal on Thursday morning that was
Earlier (Pro weekend, before the 11th), there were a couple of KC-10s
getting HMMWVs loaded up.

Given all that, I suspect that both loads were planned deployments of the
local reserves or National Guard for some sort of training exercise.  Which
may well have turned into something else, particularly if that was an MP
unit (I don't remember seeing MP markings on the HMMWVs, but that doesn't
mean anything).

Jim Crider
autojim@att.net