Re: Formular Junior Rules? (in SoCal)

To: "Jeff Cashmore" <cashmo@spec-rx7.org>, "team.net"
Subject: Re: Formular Junior Rules? (in SoCal)
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 00:31:11 -0600
Jeff --

As one similarly confused by all the Junior Kart stuff, I appreciate your
reply. I've had at least one inquiry about "kids/karts" so far and your
answers seem to clear up a lot of it. So just for my information and clarity
I want to confirm what I think you said. It looks very much like a basis we
(or anyone) could use.

"Per Howard" -- he accepts the definitions you are using for a Regional
event (which is all I am concerned with at the moment) so presumably we
could use them too?

Spec FJ -- Some kind of restrictor plate is available, and is used in some
applications, but as a basic rule you are just not bothering with it (but in
your own kid's kart, since one happens to be there, you are not bothering to
remove it)?

FJ -- you are not so much concerned with the specs for the various karts,
but rather that the entrant can satisfy you a kart they bring has been
designated for use by WKA/IKF as suitable for drivers 8-15 years old.

"Cadet karts" -- that is a class or category of competition for 5-7 year
olds, not a spec for a kart?

If I am misstating any of the above, please shout!  :-)

--Rocky Entriken