Formular Junior Rules? (in SoCal)

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Formular Junior Rules? (in SoCal)
From: Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@spec-rx7.org>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 20:12:41 -0600
http://www.moutons.org/sccasolo/Rules/kart.html#appendix H will have a lot
of the info you're looking for although SoCal may do things differently.

Per Howard, the definitions we will use are as follows:

Spec Formula Junior:
     Allowed racing karts using a stock Briggs & Stratton 5 hp,
     4 cycle engine running on gasoline.

Formula Junior:
     All other WKA/IKF recognized karts for drivers 8-15 years
     old. This includes the various 4 cycle engines running on
     methanol and the various 2 cycle engines, such as the
     Yamaha KT 100.

In addition... "For Spec FJ, we have never required a restrictor plate,
regardless of age. The "restrictor" is the stock configuration and that it
runs on gas."  I'm leaving our restrictor on until my 8 yr old proves he
knows what he's doing.  :)

"5) The IKF and WKA rules put 8-11 year olds into cadet karts, but in Solo2
they run in full sized karts?"

FWIW, they run WKA rules at our local kart track and they refer to the 5-7
yr olds as Cadet karts.  http://www.badgerkartclub.com/clsreq.htm#crkdkart

Hope that helps,
Jeff Cashmore