Formular Junior Rules? (in SoCal)

To: "Autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Formular Junior Rules? (in SoCal)
From: "Bob Mosso" <bob.mosso@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 10:52:15 -0800
I'm confused about the junior kart rules and it's delaying my son from
driving. Kyle is 8 and wants to race karts, we'd like to sart with Solo2 and
then possibly run at Adams. I couldn't find any kart rules in our sup-regs.
The 2002 National rules only give a vague reference that engine eligibility
will be consistent with WKA standards for the age of the driver, whatever
that means. Anyone know the answer to the following:

1) What are the "specs" for Spec Formular Junior? kart size? engine? clutch?
tires? minimum weight? Where are these rules?

2) What are the "specs" for Formular Junior?

3) So-Cal Sprinters has 3 classes for 8 year olds:
-2 cycle Jr 1, cadet kart, 100cc Yamaha, 225#
-2 cycle Jr 1, cadet kart, Dap T80, 225#
-4 cycle Jr 1, cadet kart, stock Briggs on methanol, 235#
What Solo2 class would these carts fit into? I recall methanol wasn't
allowed in Solo2 but can't find it in the rules?

4) Tri-C has one class for 8 year olds, cadet kart, 80cc Comer or 100cc
Yamaha, 225#. Does this fit into Spec Formular Junior?

5) The IKF and WKA rules put 8-11 year olds into cadet karts, but in Solo2
they run in full sized karts?

Thanks for any help,
Bob Mosso

Living Youthfully is the Fountian of Life
http://home1.gte.net/res0d6hi/index.htm