Re: Was: Where's the disc - now Growing Solo

To: marka@telerama.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Was: Where's the disc - now Growing Solo
From: "Don Kline" <solo2dmmr2@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 20:33:10
I'm sorry but I didn't make my point very clear.  In over 28 years of
autocrossing I've never met anyone who came to an event who hadn't heard
about it from someone who knew what it was, or happened to be driving by and
see one going on.  I do not think there are enough people "searching" for
the rules that they can't find someone who'd give them help or an old
book.....for free.  I know of one person who's not bought a rule book in 5
years and goes to National each year.  Borrows someone elses to get thru
registration.  Personally if they'd charge $20, let you download it then
send you a hardcopy, and disc that would be fine.  I just feel that if it
MUST be on the net so the unknowing can look for something they don't know
exists, or if a new person wants to know the rules........pay for it.  Of
course someone new to go karting can go to a gokart site and get the
rules....I guess.....don't know....not interested in gokarting....but if I
was I know I could get ahold of the orgaization and for a price get the
rules.....same for football, baseball........blah...blah....blah

GOD loves each of us,
Don