Re: Need help classing Lotus

To: jemitchell@compuserve.com, Raymond.Colbert@alcoa.com
Subject: Re: Need help classing Lotus
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 00:24:54 EDT
Raymond J. colbert writes:

> > The SCCA needs a class for
> > "street" cars that either have all the nessecary stuff to drive
> on the
> > street and are unlicensable due to the NTSB/EPA regs that keep
> them out,

Please don't take my disagreement as flame.  The SCCA is based around cars
that are certified and sold by their manufacturers for use on the streets of
America.  The large majority of our classes embrace such cars.  We even have
some classes for other cars (formula cars, sports racers and specials.)

But I never understand why people come to our club, our sport, with its very
well developed set of categories and classes (9 Stock, 6 Street Prepared, 6
Prepared, 6 Modified, STS, STR, SM, F125...  that's 31), and think that we
"need" a class where their car can run competitively, just because they have
this particular car.  I can't imagine going to any other organizing body and
asking this, why ask SCCA?

In San Francisco Region, we have Open Street Prepared, where you can run
anything that is or has been registered for street use, anywhere in the
world.  But I don't believe it needs to be a National class.

Charlie Davis