Re: Subject: No Autox on TV please

To: Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Subject: Re: Subject: No Autox on TV please
From: Andrew Schmiechen <aschmiechen@discovercolor.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 13:55:07 -0500
An interesting thought, but not necessarily feasible.  Changing MSCC's
autocross rules to match the SCCA rules wouldn't be just about changing one
club's rules, but the whole sanctioning body's rules.  MSCC follows
Midwestern Council's high speed autocross rules.  There are both political
and legal reasons why we can't run the same rules.  The political reasons
are the usual US vs THEM kind of thing.  Legally, we can't just copy SCCA
rules without permission from the SCCA.  Getting that permission isn't
possible with an US vs THEM philosophy.

Patrick, what is it about our rules that you don't specifically like?  I
mean, no matter what car you brought out that was prepped to SCCA rules,
it'd still be competitive in what ever class we put you in.  Other than a
different name for a class, what's the difference?  Whether I call you
C-Prepared (MC) or STS (SCCA), what's really in a name?

I'm just curious as it may be something to consider.  Though, judging from
the number of Milwaukee Region SCCA members we had at our last event held at
Miller Park, I don't think the difference in rules are a problem.  Then
again, maybe all those SCCA people won't be back this year when we run at
Miller Park.

-A.