Re: Subject: No Autox on TV please

To: "Benjamin D Thatcher" <bthatch@juno.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Subject: No Autox on TV please
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 23:30:51 -0500
>If we start bumping up to 250+ we are considering
>renting an additional lot and having 2 courses for the weekend with 2
>timing & scoring trailers to accomodate the competitors. Then each of our
>events would be weekend affairs like at Topeka (run one course on
>Saturday and the other on Sunday).

MAC would be thrilled to do this.  Problem is finding a lot for one course.
Sites are the real problem here.  Let this be a warning to clubs everywhere:
If you find the perfect new autocross site, listen to the crackpot who warns
you to keep having some events at all your present sites to keep your foot
in the door at each of them.  Otherwise, when your supersite vanishes (ours
is under a zillion Ranger Supercabs) you will have nothing.

If autocross on TV would pay for a permanent site for our program, I'd be
all for it.

Daughter Amanda has presented us with a second grandchild.  Sirena Mae
Stremski
arrived on the first day of Spring 2001, weighing 7 pounds 3 ounces.