RE: Event organization question.

To: "Larry Steckel" <lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Event organization question.
From: "Randy Chase" <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:50:51 -0700
San Diego typically runs 6 runs groups on regular points events.

Format is:
~7:30am-7:45am. Registration and tech are open. Course is open for walking.
9:00am. First car out for the first run group. Run groups vary, but should
be about 45 minutes.
9:45 Group 2
10:45 Group 3
~11:30-12:00 30 min lunch break, course open for walking
12:30 Group 4 (+novice work group)
1:00-1:30pm, registration and tech close
2:00 Group 5
3:00 Group 6 (+ novice class)
4:00 Fun runs (if time permits)
4:30-4:45 Hosting club runs only (optional) (host club works during fun
runs)
5:00 event shuts down by site rules.

Of course, the later in the day, the more the times can get skewed. The
classes rotate (other than Novice) thru the various run groups, with the
exception we try to not run mod/prepared cars early due to noise.

There has been some discussion about having assigned work groups tied to run
groups, but it's not required at this time. It's a first come, first served
worker sign up sheet. You can sign up for any position still open in any run
group. Want to work 1st group? You better sign up on the sheet by 8:00am. If
your class runs 2nd, and you work first...you have the OPTION of leaving
after the 2nd run group...which is a nice option for those with other
pressing issues on a Sunday.

You also have the option (space permitting) for running time only, or "X"
class. These are sprinkled into all the run groups (limited so that one
group does not get 40 extra cars). This is a time only class, passengers
permitted. We run the Novice class (paxed, instructors) in the last class so
that most of the designated instructors have already done their class runs.
We do not allow passengers here in class runs, nor do we allow people to
ride/drive prior to their run group in class.

Event results are mailed out using envelopes the drivers filled out at
registration (or labelled with a database). Trophies are ordered after the
event (which enables us to to have class, name, position, and date on it)
and can be picked up at a subsequent event in the following weeks.

Randy Chase
http://www.conecam.com/