RE: Hoosier Pro-Solo wear

To: "Team Net" <autox@autox.team.net>, <Smokerbros@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Hoosier Pro-Solo wear
From: "Randy Chase" <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:55:31 -0700
> Any approximations on how long 245/45-16 Hoosiers will last with
> 2 drivers on
> a nearly 3000 lb DSP Supra at the Atwater Pro Solo?  We're thinking of
> switching from Kumhos, but my guess is that this isn't the place
> to do it.
> I'm thinking we'll waste a set of Hoosiers in one Pro-Solo weekend.

On a much lighter car, my MR2, I expect that a set of Hoosiers are close to
gone with two drivers at a Pro on concrete like Atwater. That was the case
at El Toro. And it is becoming more and more apparent to me, that event if
they are not gone as far as tread, the grip rapidly drops off. I am getting
approx ~30 runs on each set, but the last ~10 runs are much less grippy.

Randy Chase
http://www.conecam.com/