Re: "new" scca logo

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "new" scca logo
From: Greg72ES@aol.com
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 12:22:43 EDT
So what do you classify as a sports car?  According to my insurance company and
the Federal Government for classification purposes on imports, I drive a sports
car.  It's a 2000 Hyundai.  Sounds alot like those grocery getters/"slammed
Honda's" you're crying about.  Would you want me to believe that the Mustang
was a sports car?  It was originally designed to be a base model Grocery
Getter.  How about the Model T?  Was it's a sports car?  It was at least built
as a roadster variant and raced quite successfully until the Model A came
out....No wait...That would make it a MOdified car since the most successful
Model T Roadsters had to have the carriage stripped off, custom carriage work
done and the head replaced by one designed by the Chevrolet brothers.

Hmmmmm...Maybe you should define Sports car to the WHOLE DAMNED WORLD since
apparently only you know what it is

George Ryan wrote:
Yet the SCCA claims to be looking to increase their membership. They would
rather establish new classing for go karts or for slammed Honda's, for
example, than  for early Corvettes or Porsches. And there are others, such
as the 1st or 2nd generation RX-7, 1st generation MR2, and yes, the Fiero.
None of these currently have any chance of ever winning a National
Championship in the Stock or Street Prepared classifications in the SCCA.
These are what I would call "Sports Cars",
the type of car your club was named after.