video camera installation?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: video camera installation?
From: "Dean Craft" <dcraft@neo.lrun.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 14:05:14 -0400
Hi all,

    I ran in my first autocross this past weekend, and had my wife video tape
my runs.  Well after watching the tape I have decided that I would like to
mount the camera inside the car, (because my wife is better at taking care of
the kids than video taping) so my question is this.  What is the best method
for mounting a camera in the car?  I can't easily put a bar between the
B-pillars because my  shoulder belts attach to the doors instead of the
B-pillars.  I have looked around and found this site and wanted to know if
this would pass tech or not?  It seems like it may not be stable enough to get
a good quality recording.
http://hybrid.honda-perf.org/contrib/cameramount/mountintro.html   Anyone have
any suggestions?  Also should I buy a wide angle lens?  What is the best
settings for filming?  Do you have to have image stabilization?  Any info
would be appreciated.  Oh the car is a stock 1991 Sentra SE-R.

Thanks,

Dean