Re: Does anyone care about Pro Solo

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Does anyone care about Pro Solo
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 18:26:14 -0600
>>Why is it that the Pro Solo series gets no respect compared
>>to the "national championship?"
>
>Bad marketing???
>
>To answer the question in the subject line, the submarine was
>purchased specifically for ProSolo.  I look at every local
>autocross or Solo-II as just practice for ProSolo.....
=============================
Okay, I know I'm gonna get flamed for this but...........

What exactly makes it "Pro"Solo?  If it's the payout money then by
definition it is no longer amateur racing and has absolutely no place in the
SCCA which is by definition an organization for amateur racing.  (Yes I also
want to see the SCCA get the hell out of any money-losing Trans-Am type
series' too.  And I actually like Paul Gentilozzi.)

As far as I know all "pro" racing venues get television coverage from the
likes of Speedvision, ESPN or TNN and the last time I checked, ProSolo
didn't.

So, exactly what makes it "Pro"Solo?

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69 STS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T  (4 door)
<eric10mm@qni.com>

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."
Winston Churchill, Sir (1874-1965), on formal declaration of war