Re: Does anyone care about Pro Solo

To: Arthur Emerson <vreihen@hotmail.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Does anyone care about Pro Solo
From: Mark Darby <markds33@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 13:44:45 -0800 (PST)
Happy Holidays Team!
 I also feel that the Pro Solo Series needs a shot in
the arm(Remember the Valvoline Days?). Pro Solo, in my
opinion, is the apex of our sport and should be
treated as such. It is the most marketable form of our
sport and should be "sold" to potential sponsors as
such.
 Lets be honest....its alot of fun to watch! To give
the best of the best 12 runs on basically the same
course,throw in the Christmas tree and the consistancy
it takes to win a championship....viola! Our ticket to
"The little-big time".
 If we could just get the Pro's televised then we
could attract a large enough sponsor to get the ball
rolling. I realize thats "cart before the horse" but
sometimes,in business, you have to lay your money down
first!
 Heck,maybe the SCCA should form its own production
company. Then they can sell the finished products to
the networks and eventually sell them the production
company too.
 But, then again, the sky in my world is a different
color than everyone elses!
Happy Holidays!
Mark "Rainman" Darby
#3 DS