Re: wrecks

To: "Autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: wrecks
From: "Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 12:49:32 -0800
Age 55, license at 15.5

1975  - 71 240Z - 1 AM on way home from night shift, 2 lane up and over
sweeping left connector between 2 freeways.  Been adding speed each night,
up to about 85.  Near end of connector there is a car in right lane who
decides to change lanes right in front of me with no signal.  No place to go
so hit brakes a bit which starts me spinning about 3 times.  Miss him but on
one spin front 12 inches or so of car is removed by guard rail.  No
mechanical damage, just hood, headlight buckets and air dam.  He never saw a
thing and continued on his way.   I drove the rest of the way home a little
slower.

Mid 80's - Honda CB750F - dark industrial area, 15 mph around a corner, hit
oil patch, minor bike damage, seperated shoulder for me.

Mid 80's - 4 crashes in a 150hp Corvair powered dune buggy/sand rail.
Stuffed in a ditch, rolled 3 times, mostly minor damage, last roll ended
upside down, fuel tank leaked onto header, only engine and frame left by
time someone got there with a fire extinguisher (we all started carrying
fire extinguishers WITH US after that one).

Rick Brown
FP 240Z