Re: STS and SM bogus counting?

To: Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com
Subject: Re: STS and SM bogus counting?
From: Benjamin D Thatcher <bthatch@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 15:48:51 +0000
> To be useful, you have to put this data in some kind of context:
>
> - How many of those entries are new participants?

Almost all of them.

> - How many of those entries would be participating in a different
> class if there
> were no SM/ST?

That's kind of a no-brainer isn't it? If SM/ST aren't offered it's
obvious that they would have to enter a different class.

> The
> others would have simply entered in some combination of ESP, CSP,
> and OSP.  In
> fact, they entered in whichever class registration suggested they
> enter based on
> their preparation description, then looked at the best-prepared cars
> in that
> class and planned their mods accordingly.

Uh, someone brand new is pretty much at our mercy to know where to place
their car in a class. See my comments above.

Ben Thatcher
Apex Benefit Services & Motorsports
Stockbridge, GA