Re: Stock car classing and tech changes

To: <Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com>, <Popsracr@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Stock car classing and tech changes
From: "Jeffrey D. Blankenship" <jeffreyblankenship@home.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 22:11:36 -0600
From: <Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com>

> I guess I have to disagree with you that a change needs to take place.  I
> understand that the shift in technology may effect a SMALL amount of cars,
but
> for the most part I would say that we are on equal footing.
>
> The current Kumho is working on FWD cars in the same sizes the BFG used
to.  If
> the only example is that there is no "good" 225mm 14" for a Neon from
Kumho or
> Hoosier, then I submit there still is no problem.
>
> I understand your point, I just disagree there is a problem.
>
> AB

Don't forget that same 225/50-14 is the optimal size for second gen MR2s,
also.  Have you noticed MR2s slipping a bit in AS?  Might not be all tire,
AS has had some smokin' cars introduced in recent years, but tire is perhaps
the number one factor in competitiveness of a stock car.  I'm not making a
case here, just laying out a morsel of food for thought.
---
Jeffrey D. Blankenship                                   '91 MR2 Turbo
Champaign, Illinois