Re: Letter to SEB / ESP

To: "Brian M Kennedy" <kennedy@i2.com>, "Jeff Winchell" <Jeff@WINCHELL.COM>,
Subject: Re: Letter to SEB / ESP
From: "Roger Johnson" <rjohnson@friendlynet.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 20:33:24 -0500
What the hell - Given the decreased traffic, I might as
well head straight for the "Top 10 Posters List". . . . .

I have competed in Solo II for 22 years.  I served on
the Stock classing sub-committee for 10.

The most astounding mis-classification I have seen in my time
here was the move INTO the C3 Corvette (and Jaguar, Ferrari,
etc.) class the Mini-Cooper S in 1980.  Bizarre.  Lasted one year.

***As clearly as I can say it, the classification of the M3 in ESP
is a mistake second only to that 1980 case.***   For lots of reasons:

-Season-long dominance
-The tire change between 1999 and 2000 that Bob made
-The 'duck' concept (or the dissimilarity between the cars)
-The relatively equal abilities among the drivers
-The short (and long) term impact on ESP

Even if Bob T. had not run the class in 2000, the results still,
in my eyes, indicate clearly what action MUST be taken.

Roger 2

Brian, which model BMW do you run?