Re: Letter to SEB / ESP

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Letter to SEB / ESP
From: "Jeff Winchell" <Jeff@WINCHELL.COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 23:31:32 -0800
>>Before this year began, the SEB ruled the car should be moved

>an A driver couldn't be competitive in CSP.

</color>>>Now the year is over, and it has been PROVEN that the M3 was driven

competitive in CSP, the SEB (and all

</color>>Brian Kennedy wrote:

>No, that is a misrepresentation of the arguments presented

I'd appreciate an elaboration as I don't see that.

>and an improper conclusion from the results.

See:

http://ponycar.net/esp/Jeff_M3_SEB_Letter.htm

for my explaination. It was sent prior to the national championship, but
adding in those results would only strengthen my point.

>Such logic would just as well support moving the Miata to AS or keeping
>a mis-classed stock M3 in BS.  The stock M3 does not belong in BS...

I haven't seen numbers to support your hypothesis. Can you detail
those?

>And the SP M3 does NOT belong in CSP.  It belongs in either BSP or

>ESP...with other heavy, higher HP cars.

>From what I've been told by nationally respected autocrossers, there are
multiple reasons for classifying a car, and body shape/charactertistics is
*part* of the equation, not the sole reason.

> Using such isolated results to declare dominance is silly.

>Without that, the M3 seems properly classed to me... much more
>evidence is needed to indicate it is too fast for ESP.

You must be coming late to this discussion. The M3 dominated all year
long at every single event it entered. There is a ton of evidence. Some of
it is collected at http://PonyCar.Net/ESP. More of it is in the threads of
this listserv, and other parts of it are in the letters submitted to the SEB.