Why I run Stock

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Why I run Stock
From: Ajstratton@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 00:08:43 EDT
Andy Wrote
>Can you guys clue me in to the attraction of stock classes.  To
> the best of my knowledge, A-Mod has not ever had a protest at nationals,
> even if some of the cars are pushing some of the rules,>>>>
What would you protest??!  Push the rules (rule??) in A Mod???  Is some one
699 pounds?? Or 71.75 inch wheelbase?  Plus my engineering degree got lost in
the mail.
  I did look at C-Mod midway through this year... I must have a competitive
ride.  Competitive S2000 and FF1600 cannot be had for the price of your
typical stock cars. (Porsches, Vettes,BMW's, etc. are not typical in my tax
bracket)    Seen the price of a new FF/S2 motor?   How about a collection of
gearsets? Their shocks are no bargain either.
  Why Folks run Stock:
1) Bank financing/LEASING
2) Warranty
  Must be more but it is enough to for me...
Alan