Stock Class Question

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stock Class Question
From: "Andy Whittle" <awhittle@fastrans.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 21:26:13 -0500
After reading many of the posts about the restructuring of stock, I fail to
understand why people run in stock classes.  They do nothing but bitch that
they no longer have a place to win, now that someone has purchased the new
$40,000 car and sunk another $5000 into shocks, and just won nationals
making obsolete there 2 year old $38,000 car that is now worth $18,000. . .
I just don't understand why the C and A-mod classes are not flooded with new
drivers.  Can you guys clue me in to the attraction of stock classes.  To
the best of my knowledge, A-Mod has not ever had a protest at nationals,
even if some of the cars are pushing some of the rules, none of the
competitors seem to care.  We just want to race.  If it's way faster then we
want to see it go.  If it's that much better, we will build one.
Obsolescence is a natural thing.  Just way cheaper in Mod.

Andy