Re: skirts in mod class question

To: washburn@dwave.net
Subject: Re: skirts in mod class question
From: Doug Miller <drmiller@intcc.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 19:09:46 -0600
At 08:04 PM 9/25/00 -0500, Pat Washburn wrote:

>Sounds like your building something!  Total WAG here, but you may get
>into an interpretation of what "seal" means.  I'm supposing that contact
>with the ground is completely out.  If you were to maintain a consistent
>1/4" gap could one argue that the same function is being performed,
>although with less efficiency?  (I'm guessing ground sucking down force,
>right?)

Yup. but fairly obviously running boards on a pickemup are NOT "skirts".

>I think your definition of what a skirt is sounds right.  If you have
>some ideas, maybe shooting a letter and some sketches off to to Denver
>might be productive?  Good luck.

I figured I'd post to the list to find out if there is some famous
history of a clearly defined description that is known to almost all!

If that don't work, I'll write a letter. Then I'll build a car and
take it to nationals where the final determination can be made, unless
of course I win the appeal!  ;-)   ;-)     ;-)    ;-)    ;-)

Thanks!

-Doug "been readin' milliken's pamphlet again" miller
(PS - I'm on the digest!)