Re: skirts in mod class question

To: Doug Miller <drmiller@intcc.com>
Subject: Re: skirts in mod class question
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 20:04:00 -0500
Doug Miller wrote:

> hey,
> the rule book says on page 134:
> "The sealing of the chassis/body to the ground with skirts is prohibited."
>
> I read this that skirts aren't illegal, as long as they don't SEAL.
> So I can run skirts as long as there is a gap at the bottom.  ????
> Am I reading this the same way as everyone else?
>
> Also, what is a "skirt"????? I'm assuming it is a vertical piece of
> something that extends from the body/chassis downwards towards the
> ground.  ??????????

At first, I thought this was another ladies class post......  :)

Sounds like your building something!  Total WAG here, but you may get
into an interpretation of what "seal" means.  I'm supposing that contact
with the ground is completely out.  If you were to maintain a consistent
1/4" gap could one argue that the same function is being performed,
although with less efficiency?  (I'm guessing ground sucking down force,
right?)

I think your definition of what a skirt is sounds right.  If you have
some ideas, maybe shooting a letter and some sketches off to to Denver
might be productive?  Good luck.

Pat