# of classes and particitpation

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: # of classes and particitpation
From: rjohnson@friendlynet.com
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 13:35:28 -0500
You know, Jeff has made me see the light.  If we have enough
(O+L) 12 car classes, we can all be champions.  So let's begin
the list for the new national classes we will create:

-SM 2 & 3
-Legends
-Miata1.6 (oops - got this already)
-Miata 1.8 (nonR)
-Senior Cart
-OSP
-Parallel the whole Stock Category with Street Tire classes
 (NCCC has done this, btw)
-STS 2 & 3

Now is the time!  Jump in with your favorite I-Stock or Me-Mod request!
This is your chance to win!

--------------------------

The proposal is NOT to do away with cars with less than 20 entries at
Nationals, for the 4th time.
It was to increase the number listed in 4.7, currently 12.  This number
reflects the combined entry of the Open & Ladies class, over a period
of two years,

For the 4th time:  this number may have been fine when we had 5-600
car fields at the Nationals, but not 1100.  As currently written, it
leads
to fragmentation of entries and diminishes competition.
If we have 1500 entries at a Nationals, is a class with 8 in the Open
and 4 in the Ladies a viable entity?

This proposal has NOTHING to do with Regional Events.  You can run ANY
class you wish, as long as it it safe,

Is adding 12 classes since 1998, getting to the level YOU are
comfortable with, an ok process for the NEXT three years?

Geez (TM)

Roger II