Re: # of classes and particitpation

Subject: Re: # of classes and particitpation
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 22:39:55 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Sat, 23 Sep 2000 rjohnson@friendlynet.com wrote:
> The proposal is NOT to do away with cars with less than 20 entries at
> Nationals, for the 4th time.
> It was to increase the number listed in 4.7, currently 12.  This number
> reflects the combined entry of the Open & Ladies class, over a period
> of two years,

I'm curious why you're keeping the combo of open & ladies in there.  I'm
sure there were plenty of 'undersubscribed' ladies classes at Nations.
Perhaps we should apply the 12 car limit to each individual class rather
than the combination of classes?

Doing this with this years results eliminates 27 classes (every Ladies
class except CPL, BSL, and SSL).

If too many classes is a problem, I submit the answer is obvious.  While
I'll go along with the need for special powder puff classes at the
regional level to ease entry into the sport, keep couples together, etc.
it seems pretty silly to bitch about classes like SM and ST (which have
had huge growth at the regional and national level) while ignoring the
many ladies classes that have 5 or less entrants at _Nationals_.

IMHO.

Mark