Re: BSM/SM2

To: <rjohnson@friendlynet.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BSM/SM2
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 15:11:20 -0500
Roger wrote:

> Sorry - small codicil.  What I meant to say:
>   Per the SII rules, open class entrants + ladies class
entrants
> = combined numbers being the criteria for inclusion as a
National
> Class. (4.7, page 61)

Whew. I'm glad you clarified that. Thanks.

>   Increasing this number to 20 is clearly warranted; perhaps
even better
> would be a portion of the entrants in a given class, to reflect
future
> variability in total entry levels.
>   2% sounds reasonable to me.

If there are 25 open classes and 1000 entries (round numbers to
save some long division), the average class entry level is, by
definition, 2 1/2%. If you place the "probation" level at 2%, a
class can only fall a small amount below the average level before
it winds up in trouble. Maybe that's a Good Thing, but I can't
help but think there may be a "gotcha" in there somewhere.

>   Further fragmentation of entrants into more I-Stock and
Me-Mod
> classes,
> while keeping the "minimum" at 12 could have us with 200
National
> Champions each year.

Hold on, there. You mean that's not what we _want_? That changes
everything.

Jay