Re: Tool brands and quality? Non-Autox related.

To: solo2crx@hotmail.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tool brands and quality? Non-Autox related.
From: Hottvr@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 20:15:20 EDT
In a message dated 8/11/00 2:51:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
solo2crx@hotmail.com writes:

<< Do any of you use or have you used the Pittsburgh brand of tools sold in
 many places including Harbor Freight?

 I need some new hand tools. I know you get what you pay for and quality
 tools really make a job easier but will I really notice the difference
 between these tools and the likes of Craftsman, SK, Snap On, etc. Are the
 higher priced tools that much better or more durable?

 Please pass along some opinions as I need to replace some really cheap
 inherited tools and beef up on my collection of quality tools.

 Thanks,

 Jason S.
 87' Honda CRX 36DP - Fun at the track weekend car
 94' Honda Del Sol Si - Fun in the sun weekend car
 91' Pontiac Grand Am Le - Uninspiring commuter car

I stay away from anything thats Chinese!!!!!!!!! Harbor Fright sells tons of
the stuff.
If you don't want to spend a fortune buying Snap-on or Proto or SK  but heres
a suggestion. Watch QVC or Home Shopping!!! I bought an entire set of
Craftsman
hand tools just to keep in the trailer for $229.00. Its pretty much
everything you would need to tear down a CM car to the "Tub"!!!! This set of
tools was for sale the
next week at Sears in Kansas City for $699.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can get
a really good
deal on tools if you watch these channels(Get your wife to do it and call you
out of the garage)often.

Mike(It worked for me)B. 99cm