Re: Buying a win?? Spend it on school.

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Buying a win?? Spend it on school.
From: "Jeffrey Martynuska" <jpmartynuska@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 10:45:46 -0400
Being  a less-than-average driver, I agree the most valuable tuning tools
are the ones used on the driver. I drive a Probe GT. Comparing my times to
another Probe GT in our region with the same setup, including tire brand,
the other car is consistently  2-3 seconds faster. Must be the driver, huh?

I've attended the McKamey phase one and New England Region rookie school
this year, and will attend Phase One and Two, plus Rookie school again next
year. Both taught me valuable information. I have a long, long way to go in
terms of seat time and experience, not in car set-up experience. I went with
used R tires (Tks AB & NL) because I didn't want to destroy a 6 month old
set of street tires while learning, not for any performance advantage.

I'd bet my McKamey entry fee that AB in my Probe GT would beat me in his SS
RX-7 every time!

(Which brings up another ?, what set-up did you run in your Probe, AB?)

Jeff
owner of a Probe GT driven no where near its potential!