Re: Buying a win?? Spend it on school.

To: Autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Buying a win?? Spend it on school.
From: GSMnow@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 02:13:41 EDT
Just one more comment on this.

In a stock car, or any car for that matter, you have to have a very good feel
of what the car is doing to even know what to change to make it better.
Throwing money at a pile of parts does very little to make you faster if your
runs vary by 3 seconds. Unless you can get 9/10s out of the car regularly,
what is a small change in transient response going to mean? I have been
instructing at the Chicago SCCA learning curve for several years now, and I
routinely take a students car out and beat the owner by more than 2 seconds
on a 50 second course, the first time I drive the car. Is a straight pipe
exhaust or stiff set of shocks going to put this guy up to #1?? Not very
likely. Even at the level of drivers here, with a few years of experience,
your times will likely improve more from a driver improvement than a part
exchange on the car.

Gary M.